First Friday Music Club: Home
The primary goal of the FFMC is to enhance and supplement educational deficiencies in the arts, specifically music, caused by repetitive school budget cuts. Through private donations, the FFMC is able to hire professional musicians to assist teachers, conduct workshops, provide scholarships, and give students unique performance training opportunities throughout the community.
Check out this video of the First Friday kids recorded back in September 2005, to see what we do (they were really cute and small back then!): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BJ04W3uUEqg
Crystal & Sahara singing the National Anthem
Revolt-Age on 5/4/12: KUSI sound check
Fish Food at Humphreys 2/2011:
Also go to LINKS to check out more current and fun videos of the talented kids from the First Friday Club!
BECOME A FAN!
2013 DONORS- Thanks for your support!
- to the McKay Family (Kerry & Christina) for their $200 donation as part of our Giving Tuesday fundraising campaign!
- to the Point Loma Association for their $500 donation for our help with the music at their annual Dinner!
- to the Nazarene University for their $100 donation and the annual opportunity for our students to be part of their Fall festival!
- to the NTC Foundation for their $100 donation and the opportunity for our students to be part of First friday Summer Nights!
- to Gayle & Carl Nuffer for their $500 donation!
- to St. Peter's by the Sea Lutheran Church for their $300 donation in return for having the FFC perform at their Summerfest!
- to Point Loma Association for their total of $1000 donation at the PL Summer Concerts!
- to Molly Allen for her $300 donation!
- to Gretchen Magers for her $100 donation!
- to Michael Kirsch for their $100 donation!
- to the Reuben H. Fleet Foundation Fund at The San Diego Foundation for their $1000 donation at the request of Lori Fleet Martin!
- to Point Loma Association for their $500 donation in return for providing the backline for the 2013 Summer Concert auditions at PL Assembly on 4/27!
- Parents, grandparents, relatives, friends & fans for your continued support!!!
- to the $500 matching donation from an anonymous donor, that inspired a total of $1085 in donations on 3/2/13. Thanks for all your generosity!
- to Don & Janice Albares for their $100 donation!
- to the Hervey Family Non-Endowment Fund at The San Diego Foundation for their $5000 donation!
- to O'Bistro for the continued support with gift certificates for our raffles!
Wednesday, January 1st, 2014
Kona Kai Resort & Spa
New Years Day Concert -
1551 Shelter Island Drive
San Diego California 92106
Price: Donations welcome
We are starting the New Year with a fun show and hopefully lots of funds raised!
The Openers, Mother's of Intention (also known as Better Than Therapy), and The Rhythm Method will be sure to fill the late afternoon with fun music. Then we will mix in some incredible talented kids- The Sahara Grim Quartet, RevoltAge, and 140 Yards will make the evening a perfect beginning of 2014!
Please come and support our mission of enhancing and supplementing music education and providing performance opportunities for the young (and young at heart)!