First Friday Music Club: Home
The primary goal of the FFMC is to enhance and supplement educational deficiencies in the arts, specifically music, caused by repetitive school budget cuts. Through private donations, the FFMC is able to hire professional musicians to assist teachers, conduct workshops, provide scholarships, and give students unique performance training opportunities throughout the community.
youtube- First Friday Club September 2005 video
Sahara & Crystal singing the National Anthem
RevoltAge- sound check at KUSI TV on 5/4/2012
FishFood takin' on the stage at Humphrey's 2/2011
Also go to LINKS to check out more current and fun videos of the talented kids from the First Friday Club!
BECOME A FAN!
A GOOD START OF THE YEAR!
- to the Hervey Family Non-Endowment Fund at the San Diego Foundation for their repeated $5000 donation!
- to Carl and Gayle Nuffer for donating $250 at our adult student concert.
- to Jenn Smith and Family for donating several baskets of 'Bliss Beauty Items' worth $500, $350 & $250 for our concert raffles at Humphreys & Point Break Cafe!
- to Brenda, owner of O'Bistro Cafe for her continuous support of the FFC with gift certificates to the restaurant!
- to ALL of YOU who came to our amazing New Year's Day Concert at the Kona Kai. It was a lot of fun, talent & a good way to start the New Year!
2013 DONORS - Thanks for your support!
- to Chuck and Sandra Eggers for donating $500!
- to Carl & Gayle Nuffer for donating an additional $200!
- to the McKay Family (Kerry & Christina) for their $200 donation as part of our Giving Tuesday fundraising campaign!
- to the Point Loma Association for their $500 donation for our help with the music at their annual Dinner!
- to the Nazarene University for their $100 donation and the annual opportunity for our students to be part of their Fall festival!
- to the NTC Foundation for their $100 donation and the opportunity for our students to be part of First friday Summer Nights!
- to Gayle & Carl Nuffer for their $500 donation!
- to St. Peter's by the Sea Lutheran Church for their $300 donation in return for having the FFC perform at their Summerfest!
- to Point Loma Association for their total of $1000 donation at the PL Summer Concerts!
- to Molly Allen for her $300 donation!
- to Gretchen Magers for her $100 donation!
- to Michael Kirsch for their $100 donation!
- to the Reuben H. Fleet Foundation Fund at The San Diego Foundation for their $1000 donation at the request of Lori Fleet Martin!
- to Point Loma Association for their $500 donation in return for providing the backline for the 2013 Summer Concert auditions at PL Assembly on 4/27!
- Parents, grandparents, relatives, friends & fans for your continued support!!!
- to the $500 matching donation from an anonymous donor, that inspired a total of $1085 in donations on 3/2/13. Thanks for all your generosity!
- to Don & Janice Albares for their $100 donation!
- to the Hervey Family Non-Endowment Fund at The San Diego Foundation for their $5000 donation!
- to O'Bistro for the continued support with gift certificates for our raffles!
Saturday, May 3rd, 2014
First Friday Music Club -
Price: $10 donation from each adult/ ki
Glen's student s will rock the house!
Friday, May 23rd, 2014
Peter Sprague plays Cream featuring FFC students -
With a Community Grant from the City of San Diego Peter Sprague's band & First Friday Music Club students will perform a concert featuring the music of legendary group CREAM.
This will be a fabulous concert and a wonderful opportunity for a selected group of Glen's students to perform with some of the best musicians in the world. I will up-date you with more information as soon as I know more details.
Saturday, May 31st, 2014
Groovin' on the Point -
Price: $10/ donations welcome
The First Friday Music Club and Correia Instrumental Music Association (CIMA) are coming together for their 2nd annual combined fundraiser. You will be able to listen to a selection of Correia's students (guitar & Jazz), to a variety of Glen Fisher's students, and several adult bands. All the proceeds will benefit the two non-profit organizations, supporting Music in our neighborhood!
More information to come soon!