First Friday Music Club: Home
PROUDLY SPONSORED BY:
Hervey Family Non-Endowment Fund
RYAN FAMILY CHARITABLE FOUNDATION
RYAN FAMILY CHARITABLE FOUNDATION
Happy End of Summer!
The primary goal of the FFMC is to enhance and supplement educational deficiencies in the arts, specifically music, caused by repetitive school budget cuts. Through private donations, the FFMC is able to hire professional musicians to assist teachers, conduct workshops, provide scholarships, and give students unique performance training opportunities throughout the community.
Music is very spiritual, it has the power of bringing people together. - Edgar Winter
Why we Teach Music:
Not because we expect you to major in music;
Not because we expect you to sing all your life;
Not so you can relax, not so you can have fun;
But so you will be...human. So you will recognize beauty. So you will be sensitive. So you will be closer to an infinite beyond this world.
So you will have something to cling to. So you will have more love, compassion, gentleness, good--
in short, more life!
Of what value will it be to make a prosperous living unless you know how to live?
~ Source unknown
youtube- First Friday Club September 2005 video
Soul Arch at the 2016 Salute to Teachers Awards
RevoltAge- sound check at KUSI TV on 5/4/2012
FishFood takin' on the stage at Humphrey's 2/2011
Also go to LINKS to check out more current and fun videos of the talented kids from the First Friday Club!
BECOME A FAN!
- Gregory Vaickus for donating $400!
- Douglas & Joy Brewster for donating $200!
- Ryan Family Charitable Foundation supporting the Delfeayo Marsalis Workshops & Concert on 3/21-3/24 with a $5000 donation!
- Hervey Family non-endowment Fund at the San Diego Foundation for their $5000 grant!
- POINT LOMA SUMMER CONCERTS for choosing FFMC to receive a $2500 gift!
- to Tom & Jessica Ryan for donating $250!
- to The Nuffer Family for donating $250!
- San Diego Shakespeare Society for a Family Membership valued $50, 2 tickets to celebrity Sonets at the Old Globe valued $40, and the generosity of Board President Alex Sandie.
2015 DONORS Thank You
- Hervey Family Non-Endowment Fund at the San Diego Foundation
- Point Loma Summer Concerts
- The Nuffer Family
- Valerie Anders
- Tom & Jessica Ryan
- Kerry McKerry & Christina Gilmore McKay
- Denise Vetter
- Brittany Judy
- Elisabeth Banham
- Rhea Family
- Sherman Family
- McLaughlin Family
- Susan Gedestad
- Detail in Progress/ Prentice St.Clair
- Jon Koehler
- Humphreys Backstage Live, O'Bistro & Point Break Cafe
- Jennifer Smith & Family
- Brenda Jonga / O'Bistro Cafe
- Kevyn Lettau
- The FFMC Board: Cynthia Queen, Judy Fisher, Katie Anderson, Christina Gilmore, Mary Kelly Clifton, Maya Grim!
- Parents, parents, parents!!!
Saturday, October 1st, 2016
The Loma Club
PLHS Golf fundraiser -
2960 Truxtun Road
San Diego California 92106
Selected students of Glen will perform for the PLHS Golf fundraiser. Anybody is invited to play golf, bit on auction items, buy raffle tickets, etc.
For more information go to www.pointlomahigh.com and click on the tounament button.
Saturday, October 8th, 2016
First Friday Music Club Saturday edition -
3146 Mission Blvd
San Diego California 92109
We got the opportunity to perform at Belmont Park with the kids! What a fun venue. There is still some construction going on, so the kids won't be on the usual stage, but where the climbing wall used to be.Have fun!
Tuesday, October 25th, 2016
San Diego Architectural Foundation Open House event
Open House San Diego -
Selected students of Glen will perform at this prestigious event.